15.4.12

you should write for us

it's that time! the time where we ask you, our lovely readers, for submissions. now that we've been telling you about our ordinary utopia, we'd love it if you shared with us some of yours.
to submit something, be sure to follow these guidelines:
- you may include 1-4 photos
- at the bottom of your post, please include a link to your blog, and you can also include a short bio if you like.
- please don't promote your giveaways or work on an ordinary utopia. while we love things like that, it's best if you keep them on your personal blog.
- please email us your submission with this in the subject line: [your title here] - a guest post by [your name here] at ordinaryutopia[at]gmail[dot]com. we will try to respond as soon as possible.
- please note that your work must be original to an ordinary utopia, and we prefer that you not repost it anywhere else.

start writing! we can't wait to feature you on our blog.
xoxo,
jocee

14 comments:

  1. yay! i'll definitely consider submitting!

    abbie /// xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want original work for a specific post?(i.e. it can't be posted elsewhere?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, cool idea! Im sure many of readers agree with me in feeling unworthy of being on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do submit! anyone and everyone can do it. don't feel unworthy, darling. you are totally worthy :))

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I think I will submit! Working on it right nowww :)

      Delete
  4. Why is this blog called an ordinary utopia? Dot get me wrong, I enjoy every post, but I never understood the name. (though it's awesome, dearie,) I guess I'm asking, whats it mean to you?

    xoxo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think hannah's post can explain this best: "Why do I write this? Because I want to be real. So often I feel like we highlight the utopia and not the ordinary. The gritty, hard, mundane things of the everyday. I like to celebrate the good, the beautiful, and the simple things, but I don't want to ignore the messy. There is good in working through pain, ruminating on hard things, praying about difficult things, opening your heart up to say, "this is who I am and this is where I am and by God's grace, I will get through."

      we call it in ordinary utopia, because we live in a utopia of ordinary. our lives aren't perfect, and we want to identify with others with this blog. we're celebrating the ordinary, and while we're not saying other bloggers don't, we just thought this fit.

      Delete
  5. I would love to submit something! Thinking about it right now... :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely considering sending in a submission... Do you have a date set for when we have to send an article in by?

    ~ Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we don't have a specific date, however we reserve sunday posts for submissions, so we should be able to post submissions in the order that we receive them :)

      Delete
  7. og, yay, yay, yay. I will have to get something in the works.

    ReplyDelete